Mark E. Kellogg
Chief Financial Officer
Becker, Kellogg & Berry, P.C.
5501 Backlick Road
Springfield, Virginia 22151
As a partner of the firm with expertise derived from over 35 years of legal experience, Mark E. Kellogg holds the position of Chief Financial Officer at Becker, Kellogg & Berry, P.C. He concentrates his practice on estate and gift taxation, individual taxation, corporate taxation, trust administration, estate administration, estate planning, fiduciary litigation, tax litigation, business law and commercial transactions.
Mr. Kellogg received his B.A. degree from the University of Florida in 1969 and his Juris Doctor in 1972. He received his Master of Law and Taxation Degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1981.
Mr. Kellogg was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1972 and to numerous bars in subsequent years, including the U.S. District Courts for the District of Maryland (1981), Eastern District of Virginia (1983), Western District of Virginia (1989) and the District of Columbia (1986), as well as the U.S. Tax Court (1984), U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit (1986), U.S. Supreme Court (1986), U.S. Bankruptcy Court in the Eastern District of Virginia (1987) and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims (1995).
Mr. Kellogg’s diverse background in law began as an Attorney and Program Analyst for the Internal Revenue Service District and National Offices from 1972 to 1984. During this time (1978 – 1980), he was also a Lecturer for the International School of Law. He taught classes as an Adjunct and Associate Professor of Law at George Mason University School of Law from 1980 through 1986 and has taught C.L.E. Seminars on Tax and Probate Law.
Mr. Kellogg’s professional memberships include the Virginia State Bar, the District of Columbia Bar Association and The Florida Bar.
- Probate, Trusts and Estate Planning and Administration
- Federal Income and Estate Taxation
- Business Law and Commercial Transactions
- Florida, 1972
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1983
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1989
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1986
- U.S. Tax Court, 1984
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1986
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1995
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1987
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia, M.L.T., 1981
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida, J.D., 1972
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, B.A., 1969
- Former Adjunct and Associate Professor of Law, George Mason University School of Law
- CLE Seminars on Tax and Probate Law
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- The Florida Bar